About ABA International Conference
Conferința Internațională ABA is the leading event dedicated to the research and theory of Applied Behavior Analisys in Romania.
During the 3 day conference, more than 500 people attend the event each year.
The conference is certified by the National Psychologists College and by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board.
NEW on the ABA Conference 2015
- The BCBA and BCaBA participants in the conference will receive CE credits from the Behavior Analyst Certification Board as the Association of Applied Behavior Analysis (ATCA) was certified as ACE PROVIDER.
- 4 foreign BCBA lecturers will attend the first 2 days of the conference in april 2015: Neil Martin (UK), Ph.D., BCBA-D, William L. Heward (US), Ed.D., BCBA-D, Christos K. Nikopoulos, BCBA-D and Miguel Caio (US), Ph. D., BCBA, Romanian BCBA lecturers will join them in presentations.
- The third day is dedicated to autism and will be opened by a presentation from Jens Erik Skår (NOR) Ph.D., Specialist in clinical psychology, a video-conference with Sergiu Pașca – psychiatry and behavioral sciences researcher, the Romanian who opened at Stanford University the first research lab in neuropsychiatry, including autism, and a heartfelt presentation by Ashley and Nick Dodge and their 20 years in autism.
- Romanian participants will be rewarded by C.P.R (National Psychologists College) with 12 credits for paper, 5 credits for attending the conference.
Day 1 & 2
- The first 2 days are mainly dedicated to psychologists, psychiatrists, pediatricians, speech and ABA therapists.
- Pay from February, 1st to April, 2nd
- The third day of the conference is mainly dedicated to parents, kindergarten and school teachers, ABA therapists.
- Pay from February, 1st to April, 2nd
- Psychologists, psychiatrists, pediatricians, speech and ABA therapists, parents, kindergarten and school teachers.
- Pay until April, 2st
ABA Bucharest International Conference is the leading conference on ABA research and theory!
Meet Your BCBA Lecturers
Meet Your Autism Lecturers
Neil Martin, Ph.D., BCBA-D„Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB): Updates, Developments and Opportunities for Establishing a Profession”
William L. Heward, Ed.D., BCBA-D„Behavior Change For A Sustainable World: Ultimate Challenge and Opportunity For Behavior Analysts”
Anca Dumitrescu, BCBA „The role of interventions in perspective-taking skills development to children with ASD”
Alexandru Tarasov, BCaBA „Using video modeling in toilet training of a child with autism”
Geanina Bucuroiu, BCaBA „Emotional regulation at children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder”
Maria Gioroc, BCaBA, „Decreasing self-aggressive behavior at autistic children”
Caio Miguel, Ph.D., BCBA-D – “Naming and Verbal Behavior”
Christos K. Nikopoulos PhD, BCBA-D – “The use of innovative technology-based interventions for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders; focus on video modelling“
Oana Radu, BCaBA –Understanding the role of verbal operants in teaching vocal-verbal behavior. Exemples from practical approach.
Alexandra Comarniceanu, BCBA „Efficient intervention for encouraging social interaction”
Alina Bobârnac, BCBA – “Mathematic curricula for children with autism”
Octavia Vasile și Anca-Elena Grigoraș, „Teaching adjectives to children with learning difficulties: a comparison between discrete trial training and incidental teaching”
Jens Erik Skår – Ph.D., Specialist in clinical psychology, applied behavior analysis, supervisor „An overview over procedures used to decrease problem behaviors”
Sergiu Pașca – videoconference
Ashley and Nicholas Dodge – „Life with autism – 20 years of autism”
Ana Hodea, logoped – „Verbal behavior therapy, optimal approaches for therapy according to the specific development of each child”
Daniela (Martinescu) Gavankar, behavior analyst – „Group Therapy – intermediate step between individual and kindergarten.”
Andreea Matauan, behavior analyst –„The Child’s Power to Choose – a Key for Preventing Problem Behaviors”
Ionel Mocanu, psichologist „ABA in school classroom”
Adriana Balșanu, special education teacher „Case study on the impact of ABA on 25 children with autism aged 1 to 5”
Location: Romanian-American University
Romanian – American University
Bulevardul Expoziției 1B